Arusha, Tanzania--August 2010

Arusha, Tanzania--August 2010
A boy and a woman both laboring under an afternoon sun...

Arusha, Tanzania

Arusha, Tanzania
This worker with his heaping cargo gave me pause...

Mt. Kilimanjaro--August, 2010

Mt. Kilimanjaro--August, 2010
All my energy was expended for this shot at 15,000 feet up on Kilimanjaro...

Mt. Kilimanjaro--August 7, 2010

Mt. Kilimanjaro--August 7, 2010
Summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro--Tanzania--19,340 feet

Arusha, Tanzania

Arusha, Tanzania
I watched this pair walk down a dusty road and wondered what was in the briefcase...

Thursday, September 30, 2010

September 2010

September 2010
I think often of my trip to Africa this past August. The images that are most persistent are the long days spent hiking in the thin air of Mt. Kilimanjaro. The majestic, sweeping views as we ascended the mountain linger in my mind. The final steps to the highest point in Africa will forever remain with me.

The images of the various animals eating, sleeping and hunting on the Serengetti plains of northern Tanzania remain fixed in my memory. It was a journey that will generate a lifetime of stories and colorful images, sounds and tastes. The urge to return is already there and will hopefully be satiated in the future at some point.

I've posted some pics from Tanzania and will share some future travel plans as they emerge...

cheers...

No comments: