Arusha, Tanzania--August 2010

Arusha, Tanzania--August 2010
A boy and a woman both laboring under an afternoon sun...

Arusha, Tanzania

Arusha, Tanzania
This worker with his heaping cargo gave me pause...

Mt. Kilimanjaro--August, 2010

Mt. Kilimanjaro--August, 2010
All my energy was expended for this shot at 15,000 feet up on Kilimanjaro...

Mt. Kilimanjaro--August 7, 2010

Mt. Kilimanjaro--August 7, 2010
Summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro--Tanzania--19,340 feet

Arusha, Tanzania

Arusha, Tanzania
I watched this pair walk down a dusty road and wondered what was in the briefcase...

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Final countdown to Africa

Final countdown to Africa
I'm spending my final day stuffing my backpack and checking my gear list for my Kilimanjaro climb. As departure nears, I feel so fortunate to be making this journey to raise funds for such a worthy cause. It's hard to grasp that I will soon be able to add Africa to my growing list of continents visited. With Tanzania, the count will rise to four and I hope to make it to all seven before I expire...yes, Antartica will prove the most challenging, but that's what life is all about, right?

Spent some quality hours with my nieces Jamie, Emma and Jessica the past few days and it was great...they are lucky to have such a relaxing summer playground in Ocean Grove.

I'm halfway through my latest novel by Linda Greenslaw (sp?) It details her many adventures as a female swordboat captain in New England. I can relate to her adventurous spirit and while I have never hooked a formidable swordfish, her passion to sail beyond the horizon and seek that next adrenaline rush is a motivation I can relate to.

I'll try to post from Africa, but it may not be possible...not sure of the facilities at the hotel I'm staying at in Moshi. Anyway, I'll have some exciting yarns to share upon my return...

Cheers,
Keith

No comments: