Arusha, Tanzania--August 2010

Arusha, Tanzania--August 2010
A boy and a woman both laboring under an afternoon sun...

Arusha, Tanzania

Arusha, Tanzania
This worker with his heaping cargo gave me pause...

Mt. Kilimanjaro--August, 2010

Mt. Kilimanjaro--August, 2010
All my energy was expended for this shot at 15,000 feet up on Kilimanjaro...

Mt. Kilimanjaro--August 7, 2010

Mt. Kilimanjaro--August 7, 2010
Summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro--Tanzania--19,340 feet

Arusha, Tanzania

Arusha, Tanzania
I watched this pair walk down a dusty road and wondered what was in the briefcase...

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

July 2010--reading and preparing

My upcoming trip to Tanzania is quickly approaching. I have a scant few weeks left to run, hike and get my body into shape for the strenuous hike to the 19,340-ft summit. I've had my yellow fever, typhoid and Hep. A. shots which should protect me against most of the threats that sub-subharahan Africa poses.

Otherwise, I'm enjoying the summer--just finished "Death be Not Proud"--a moving memoir by John Gunther about his late son's noble battle with brain cancer. I'm now moving on to Bernard Malamud's The Natural--one of the classic American novels that has escaped my reading list--until now.

cheers,

Keith

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Roy Hobbs aint what ya think he is!