Arusha, Tanzania--August 2010

Arusha, Tanzania--August 2010
A boy and a woman both laboring under an afternoon sun...

Arusha, Tanzania

Arusha, Tanzania
This worker with his heaping cargo gave me pause...

Mt. Kilimanjaro--August, 2010

Mt. Kilimanjaro--August, 2010
All my energy was expended for this shot at 15,000 feet up on Kilimanjaro...

Mt. Kilimanjaro--August 7, 2010

Mt. Kilimanjaro--August 7, 2010
Summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro--Tanzania--19,340 feet

Arusha, Tanzania

Arusha, Tanzania
I watched this pair walk down a dusty road and wondered what was in the briefcase...

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Singapore to Tioman Island - Day Three

As I write this...it's 6am and I can hear the call to prayers rippling through the neighborhood from the nearby mosque...we're packing up early this morning to catch a bus to the coast to head over to Tioman island in Malaysia. We saw a fair amount in Singapore considering we only spent a few days here...really diverse country...Indians, Thai, Chinese all nicely blend together on the crowded streets...very polite people overall...oh, took the subway yesterday to Chinatown and it was the cleanest, most beautiful mass transit system I've ever seen...probably wouldn't stay that way for long in NY. Probably won't update till later next week sometime...so I'll catch up with you then...

ciao...
Keith

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Brother Keith! I am still amazed about your world tour. It is truly a fantastic journey, and something you'll cherish forever. Just thinking-any exposure to American sports over there? Yes, the Yankees and Mets still stink, and it might be a quiet NY post season around here! Make sure you take lots of pictures, and take in every moment (I know you will). Be safe my friend-contact us when you can.
Talk to you soon (2011)
Your friend,
John :o)

Mike Rennie said...

Hi, Keith. It sounds like your adventure is in full swing, and it is great to hear all of the details of life half a world away. Have a great time on the island, and post often.
Be well.
Love, Kar

Holly J said...

Well, it is now the 12th and I am waiting to hear/read the latest...

Hope you are having a great time. I got to see some Shakespeare last night and will see King Lear next week.

Enjoy yourself, and as your bro-in-law said...shower often. :-)

Holly Johnson