Arusha, Tanzania--August 2010

Arusha, Tanzania--August 2010
A boy and a woman both laboring under an afternoon sun...

Arusha, Tanzania

Arusha, Tanzania
This worker with his heaping cargo gave me pause...

Mt. Kilimanjaro--August, 2010

Mt. Kilimanjaro--August, 2010
All my energy was expended for this shot at 15,000 feet up on Kilimanjaro...

Mt. Kilimanjaro--August 7, 2010

Mt. Kilimanjaro--August 7, 2010
Summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro--Tanzania--19,340 feet

Arusha, Tanzania

Arusha, Tanzania
I watched this pair walk down a dusty road and wondered what was in the briefcase...

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

July 8, 2009 - Mt. Hutt, New Zealand

Hi all...I spent the day today skiing in 2 feet of powder on Mt. Hutt in New Zealand's southern alps. The conditions were the best I have ever experienced. I'm staying in a comfortable, small lodge in the tiny town of Methven, which is about a 1/2 hour or so from the ski resort. This ski place doesn't have any actual places to stay on the mountain...it's a bit different from resorts in the states. Everyone drives up this extremely steep access road to the resort each morning...goes skiing, then leaves at the end of the day. The scenery is right out of a Lord of the Rings movie...even though I've never seen it...I'm told that much of the movie was filmed only a few miles from the stunning mountains that I'm skiing in this week.

Anyway, It's an amazing trip so far...miss you all...thanks Emma, Jaimie, and Jessie for your note. I'm leaving for Thailand on Sunday and looking forward to some more adventures...

Cheers,

Keith

No comments: