Arusha, Tanzania--August 2010

Arusha, Tanzania--August 2010
A boy and a woman both laboring under an afternoon sun...

Arusha, Tanzania

Arusha, Tanzania
This worker with his heaping cargo gave me pause...

Mt. Kilimanjaro--August, 2010

Mt. Kilimanjaro--August, 2010
All my energy was expended for this shot at 15,000 feet up on Kilimanjaro...

Mt. Kilimanjaro--August 7, 2010

Mt. Kilimanjaro--August 7, 2010
Summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro--Tanzania--19,340 feet

Arusha, Tanzania

Arusha, Tanzania
I watched this pair walk down a dusty road and wondered what was in the briefcase...

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Rangitoto Island - New Zealand - July 5, 2009

Just returned from a day hiking up to the summit of Auckland's newest volcanic island called Rangitoto. The climb to the summit was a pretty decent hike with a few showers to make things interesting. The island is only about 600 years old and erupted out of the sea to the amazement of the Maori people situated on a nearby island--so the story goes. Anyway, the path up to the summit is steep in parts, but manageable. The view from up top is tremendous with 360-degree views of Auckland and surrouding islands in the bay. It was a cool day with temps in the 50s. Tomorrow, I fly to Christchurch on the south island, where I'll head further afield to the town of Methven which is the gateway for some of New Zealand's best skiing. Recent news has it that a lot of snow has hit the south, which bodes well for my skiing adventures there. Overall, a great experience so far, with lots more stories to come.

Off for a brief nap before dinner.

Cheers,

Keith

1 comment:

Mike Rennie said...

Hey, Keith, glad to see you arrived safely and are already into the adventure. Looking forward to following your travels- this is a great site. Be well...Karin
I hope you are having fun- I can't wait to see you...Jamie
I love you...Jessie
I cant believe you are in New Zeland!!! Bring back pictures and have fun! love,emma